Director Dab Hand Cannabis Consulting
Today LARA announced that it would require an official symbol for all THC products sold under the new Michigan Medical Marijuana Facilities Licensing Act. (MMMFLA) The symbol will be mandatory on packaging for products when licensed sales begin later this year. There is still no clear indication if edibles will be required to be stamped with a contains THC symbol or warning on each individual serving as is Colorado.
In addition to the symbol, marijuana being sold by or transferred to a provisioning center must be sealed and have a label containing:
– The name of the licensee and license number of the producer and/or the packager.
– The tag or source number as assigned by the statewide monitoring system.
– The unique identification number for the package or the harvest, if applicable.
– Date of harvest, name of strain, net weight, and concentration of THC or CBD.
– Activation time expressed in words or through a pictogram.
There will continue to be LARA advisories and policy decisions as licensing gets closer and actual licensing get underway. It’s important to stay compliant and ahead of the curve when considering your packaging and labels. Dab Hand Cannabis Consultants can help assure you stay compliant, while also giving you years of industry experience in branding and marketing of cannabis products.